Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Grateful Girl






I read my sister-in-law's blog this morning and almost started crying. Heather has a way with words that flows beautifully. Me on the other hand...I am just a country bumpkin who probably gives too much information most of the time. But Heather, new family members, and this season has got me thinking of all the things I am grateful for. Oh there is not enough time in the world, especially with two newborns, to say all that I am grateful for. Most of all, I am thankful and grateful for my family. I remember laying in bed as a young girl thinking what it would be like to have a family of my own. I never wanted anything else in the world but that! I have never wanted to be rich and famous or high in the business world. I never even wanted a paying job. I knew I would be a wife and a mother. I knew that would be the only thing that would make me the happiest in this world. Boy, Heavenly Father sure was good to me. I have a loving husband who takes care of me and our children. I have good children who really do want to do good most of the time. A home to make memories in. Extended family who love and support us with their whole hearts. And a life I wouldn't trade anyone!!!!

Thank you Erik for making my life wonderful. Thank you for loving me and the kids, and thank you for our children. The smartest thing I ever did was marry you! (Sappy I know, but oh so true!!!)



3 comments:

Leighanna said...

Allison-

That picture of Jan with the baby is sooo cute (although, I was wondering which one she was!!) Miss you guys - I'm itching for Christmas!!!

klonghall said...

And, we are SO GLAD you married Erik. You are a perfect match. I've watched my little brother grow into the man he is because of your influence. Thanks. You know how much I love my brothers. All I ever wanted for them to have happy marriages and happy families. They've all done well at that! I'm grateful every single day to call myself their sister. It's a great source of joy in my life. I loved being with all you guys last week. It was probably the best Thanksgiving I could have ever imagined. Thanks for letting us invade your home. And, thanks for sharing those darling children with us. I loved holding the girls. I enjoyed watching Isabel and Gabe at that science museum. We had so much fun.

Life is good, no?

Dana said...

I was quizing the kids today about the pictures(I couldn't tell them which was which girl yet) But we get to Isabel's in the tree and I said who is that? Matthew said Sarah. And he was right. She looks an aweful lot like Sarah in that picture. Too cute. I am still amazed at how well you fit a a monther of twins!! YOu seem like a pro already.