We now have an upstairs office. The guy still has to come back and do touch up work, which for a pregnant girl should have happend long ago :0) Once we get that taken care of, we will move the office furniture upstairs and we will completely paint the girls' room.
Erik switched out the fan yesterday in the living room. He said, "People make it look easier than it really is." I am sure with the faulted celings and weight of the fan, it made it more difficult. We had to rent scaffolding from a place to get the job done. At one point, my big ole' self got up there to help him. I certianly didn't like being up that high, the kids had no problem with it and wanted to stay up there the entire time. It was a fight to keep the "zoo animals" in control. But it got done and it looks great. Much better than the gold cheesy thing that was up there before. It looks like we have class now...don't tell anyone differently. What they don't know won't hurt them :0)
Since the scaffolding didn't have to be back until this morning, Erik started on some high spots in the girls' room to paint. I wanted a green and pink in there. What I got was a shock to my system at first. It went on very minty. But it did dry darker and it won't all be green. We will have green at the top, pink stripe, green stripe, pink stripe, then another green and the bottom with be pink. Erik thought I was crazy, maybe I am but that is what I want. He told me he didn't have time to do all the stripes. I told him, "You know if I do it, it will drive us both nuts because it won't look good, I can't do a straight line!" So the sweet guy he is just smiles and says, "Ok, what ever you want silly."
Ever so slowly it is coming together here. I wish it was all done and I could just have a nice neat house and pop out these kids and live in la-la land with our family of six, but nothing is ever that easy. I know from experience that life is just one big zoo and you just have to go with it. So, I am doing my best at being patient and being grateful for what I have, what has been done, and the good family that surrounds me.
3 comments:
You have every right to demand perfection for those two little girls' room!!! You have worked hard enough to get what you want! I love it! I'm trying to understand the whole stripe thing... but I think I get the jist of it. Glad your house is coming together. Lots of love.
I think the room will be very cute you are quite talented and will make it beautiful. Love Mom
Wow, I'm jealous! Green and Pink is my new obsession. If I ever get around to decorating our spare bedroom I'm hoping it'll be green and pink. I'll keep my eyes open at Downeast Home for any of the green and pink Pottery Barn stuff... Are you looking for anything in particular?
Post a Comment