Monday, October 29, 2007

Trunk-or-Treat

We had our trunk-or-treat on Thursday night. Yes, crazy time to have it but we have three wards that meet in the building. We have been anticipating this for a while. Nothing says fall like a good trunk-or-treat.



Gabe wanted to be a pirate. I must say he was the cutest little pirate I have ever seen in my life (and I think his costume cost us around $7.00). I got him ready and then pulled out my make-up. He didn't like the fact that I was going to put MAKEUP on him. But then Erik found the face paint/makeup from last year and brought it to me. We put stubble on his face. Erik made him a sword which was so clever. He also had a hook from Wal-Mart that he would say, "ARRRR MATIE" Too cute. It was a perfect costume for him.





Isabel was a witch again. We found her costume last year at Target on clearance for around $3.00. Can we shop or what?!?! It was a little long on her and we had to pin it up so she wouldn't expose the world. But again, the cutest witch you have ever seen. She wanted the WORKS on her face. She wanted the glittery eye shadow, red lips, everything. It being Halloween, I had no problem doing it. It was actually fun and she LOVED it.



We stuffed our faces with homemade chili, hot dogs, and desserts. The YM and YW had rooms set up for the kids to go through and then we trunk-or-treated. It was great fun seeing all the kids dressed up and a treat to stuff my face.

Oh! By the way, we won second place for our chili (1 point away from taking 1st place).

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Erik better get prepared for all the boys coming over asking if Isabel can come out to play! She is a cutie!

Well, just dress Gabe up as a pirate every day and he'll scare them away or make them walk the plank!

herb

Leighanna said...

Too cute. I love Gabe's stubble and hook. My little brother was obsessed with Captain Hook when he was little and carried the Kitchen Aid bread hook every where he went. Seeing Gabe just brought back some memories!!! Isabel is gorgeous, as always...

Leighanna said...

Allison - this is a PS... you are tagged. See my blog for what to do!