Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Crazy, Crazy Day!!!



My day started at 2:30 am. Between both girls kicking me hard every few seconds and my bladder not being able to take it, I was up constantly. As I am trying to drift off AGAIN, I hear that familiar pouncing of little feet coming down the hall followed by the famous "dranty" trailing behind. He climbed up in bed feeling hot. We were just getting over the nasty poop virus and now this...just wonderful!

After a few minutes, Erik gets up and takes off down the hall to get away from the coughing child and the heavy breathing wife. Wish I could escape me too. No such luck. As I start to drift off again, another loud barking cough from the little guy. I pick him up and take him back to his bed. I had to get Erik out of his bed. Musical beds that early in the morning is no fun for anyone. Gabe got some medicine and a sippy cup of water and some back rubs from Mama and off I go back to bed.

No such luck getting back to sleep. The girls are awake and dancing around in there. Off to watch tv. I am thankful for our new DVR so I don't have to watch infomericals. I clear out everything I have recorded. Then back to bed at 5:30am.

Sweet Erik stayed at home working so he could take Isabel back and forth to school. I took Gabe up to the doctor. It will be three trips up there this week...yuck. I figured I would get the nurse to swab my throat (it has been hurting for a few days but keep putting it off- feels like strep)since we were already up there anyway. Just what I thought, we all have strep throat. I described what I saw in Isabel's throat the other day (although she wasn't complaining about anything hurting). She has it too. Our kind doctor wrote out four prescriptions for the Longnecker Family. I am sure he had writer's cramp by the time he was done.

We go home, drop off my sick and snoty guy and head back out to the pharmacy. Four prescriptions! Can't believe it. At least we will get is all done and over with before the babies come.

I come back home and the kids are laughing and squeeling. What is going on up there? This is the sight I see. Erik is doing his H.I.P. (he gets paid to exercise). And the kids are giving him an extra work out. They had the music turned up loud and were having fun. It's fun to see. I had to grab the camera. It was nice laughing with them after such and LONG day.




Two kids asleep, chili in the crockpot for tomorrow's truck-or-treat, dishes washed thanks to a good husband, I am ready for bed. Please don't let tomorrow be like today!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh, the pleasures of motherhood. I sure am glad i get to go to work every day. What week are you in now?

herb