This weekend we went on the biggest shopping spree since we bought our home. We have been looking for a van shopping around, test driving, and comparing prices for weeks and weeks. Erik doesn't do anything on he spur of the moment so I was expecting it to be a long and drawn out process. There is nothing wrong with waiting until we get what we want at a good price. We still have plenty of time before the babies are born so I was not in a hurry either.
We got a call on Saturday from a dealership here in town wanting to know "what it would take to sell you are car today." Erik told him what colors were our top choices, and the price we wanted (comparable to what we were quoted at other places), along with a third row sunshade. I guess it was the end of the month and the dealership had a quota to meet. He agreed to our terms. We went over there and signed away our lives yet again.
I have forgotten how nervous my stomach feels when we buy a car. The last time we did it was when we bought the truck when I was pregnant with Isabel. I don't enjoy spending that kind of money. But is sure was nice jumping in that van with that new car smell and coming home in it. I think it's a pretty van and it has really cool features. Gabe's favorite would be the automatic doors that he opens all by himself.
Isabel asked if we had to give it back. The last time we had a van, we had rented it to go to Disney World back in February. I told her no. We were keeping it and it was ours for good. Her and Gabe both started jumping up and down yelling, "YEA!!!" It was cute.
2 comments:
AWESOME! You're going to LOVE having a van! Heather--are you feeling envious??? (Did you know she can't wait to get a mini-van?) We love our Odyssey. Hondas rock! I am eager to go for a ride with you. Yea! We have to get together with you guys this month! You are well on your way to being a "soccer mom." Welcome to the club!
I must admit that I am a bit envious. After driving Kim's van a couple years ago, I'm hooked. They just drive soooo nice, are so easy to manage and are so safe. I'm so happy for you guys. That is awesome! Have fun!
Post a Comment