
Yesterday we walked over to the school to register Isabel for school. She has been so excited that she will be a big kid now. I am not so happy about it!
When we got there I did all the paperwork necessary for this next step and we waited on the bleachers in the gym until they came for her. There was a teacher that pulled her into another room to test her. I wanted to cry. I didn't know this woman and I didn't know where she was taking her. My control was taken away and one big swoop. Thankfully, Isabel didn't immediately go with her. She looked to me to make sure it was ok and that made me feel better.
Gabe and I waited on the bleachers for what seemed like an eternity. Then my little baby came walking back in. They tested her on shapes, colors, following directions, and writing her name. She did all but her name. We have been practicing her abc's but Isabel doesn't seem to like the fact that she has to work at it. She thinks everything should come easy to her and if it doesn't, it's not worth the effort. I was glad someone was backing me up on this.
She is still very excited about it and wanted to come home and practice her name and letters. What has taken me weeks to prod her to do, she decided to learn how to spell her name in one evening.
The next step is to get shots. She tells me at least 3 times a day that she doesn't want any shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment