Saturday, September 24, 2011

TIMBER!!!!

We had two of the most beautiful, full, luscious, great climbing trees in our back yard. I loved those trees. They were my kids' playground. In May, we lost this one in three separate storms, taking 1/3 of the tree each time. I was sooooo sad with each branch we took to the curb.






and this is what's left of that. Then this month we had a strong wind in a storm for all of five minutes. And this happens.





Oh the sadness! I know I shouldn't have been so sad about some trees but I just couldn't help it. Sad about the loss of shade, loss of swinging from those tall branches, loss of prettiness in our backyard, and the increase of the HEAT! Ahhhh! I was sad!



Some friends of our told us about a one day sale at a green house here in town. We ended up buying these two Autumn Blaze Maples. $50.00 a piece! We were expecting to pay more so we felt great about them.





We still have lots of work ahead of us to get these stumps out. (Erik's co-worker, Bobby, came to our rescue each time. Thank you so much Bobby! He is so sweet for spending his off time helping us! And a friend let us borrow his chainsaw with the second one we had, thanks Tim!) But at least those trees are in the ground, spreading out some strong roots.

3 comments:

Dana said...

yep that is totally sad seeing it so empty back there but I actually really like those trees you put in. Maybe they will grow quickly!!!

Carla said...

If I had a tree, especially one as well established, big and beautiful as yours, I'd be super sad to loose it too. That's exciting to get two new ones, especially for such a good price. But who knows how many years it'll take for them to mature like what you had. Sad indeed!

Heather said...

Oh, that is sad. Trees are amazing! One of the few things I don't like about living in the great state of Utah.