Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tornados and No Britches!

We had an eventful day this week. The heavens opened up and the sky unloaded. We had tornado warnings and watches all over the state.

I didn't know what to do because the girls just fell asleep and the kids needed to be picked up. They were not releasing the children until parents came to get them due to the weather. No buses, no walkers, no kids without parents!

Then all the sudden I heared something hit the window. It was the trash can lid slapping up against our window...had to take care of that cause I didn't want to clean up that mess (there was trash already in it).

I went out and that's when I saw this.





I sent Erik some pictures of it at work and he said his co-worker, Bobby would come by with a chainsaw. What a dear sweet man!

Finally, I put the girls in the car, no shoes, one of them didn't even have britches on. (I really didn't think this through did I?)

I drove over to the school and waited in the parking lot realizing I was going to have to go in to get my kids. Oh boy!... I didn't know if I should just take my kids in the way they were (yikes) or go back home and change everyone (and yes, the girls were STILL sleeping!)

Then an angel comes pulling up in her silver minivan. My friend, Wendy pulls up. She offered to watch the kids in both vans while I went in to get all of our big kids. The crazy thing was, every child in the school were lined up along the walls by classes- every hall had a crazy amount of children just looking up at me as I am searching for my children. AHHHH!!! I had to find each child and check them out with their teachers. What a deal!

I didn't notice till I was in front of the entire school that I looked like I just got out of bed with a bleached out sweatshirt, no make up, wild hair - I am sure, flip flops, and too short of pants. I know you are all picturing my disfunctional state and yes, it is laughable. I clearly wasn't thinking about how I looked until I was faces with the entire school out in the hall ways. "True Mother" award! I really wanted to push the rewind button and do a better job at picking out clothes after my shower.

Finally got the kids after about 30 minutes of searching and took Wendy her boys. After work, Mr. Bobby came and saved the day. We all (except Anna and Kate) helped haul the tree that Bobby had cut up out to the curb. It really was pretty fun to be honest. We had a good time being out in the rain and doing physical labor (until it started lighting again-we sent the kids in after that!). I am so grateful to Bobby for doing that for us. He really didn't have to and it saved our fence too. What a good and thoughtful man!





And the good thing is, now maybe some sunshine can get to the ground so some grass will grow. What a blessing!

5 comments:

Leighanna said...

Hehehe... I am loving the visuals. No worries... I look a mess like you described on a daily basis - so no judgements here! (I actually got dressed today for my dentist appt and forgot that I actually look quite nice when I'm all spiffy'd up!) Glad you guys were all safe!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Funny how the Lord answered your problem about getting your grass to grow! Isn't that the tree that the kids climb all over?? Can they still get up in it?? Glad there was not real damage done!!

Bond Bedlam said...

Wow! Glad everyone is okay!

Lois said...

They would not let the Rockvale students leave during the watch or warning what ever it was. The parents in cars were all lined up waiting. but had to wait til the school got the all clear.

Jennifer M. said...

You are REAL mother. What lucky children to have you for their Mama! I'm impressed you had time for a shower. :) Can't tell you how many times in my life that has felt like a luxury. Glad you all were safe through such crazy weather.