I knew my husband would probably be embarressed with my next hairbrained idea but, the kids would love it so it would be worth it.
I have been cutting out hearts during nap time for days.
On Valentines day, Anna was my heart helper (Kate was sick). We glued a million hearts on to tounge depressers and headed outside.
Here are the results:
We had more hearts than this but you get the idea.
I was right, Erik said he was a tad bit embarressed but really, I knew he would get over it. The kids enjoyed it but Gabe did mention that I needed to mow the grass.
We then taped hearts to ever part of the house imaginable. Even the toliet seat lid. This was Anna's favorite part. Most hearts were on the three year old level. We had a blast.
Dinner was pleasant with pink lemonade, mac & cheese and chicken nuggets for the kids...take out for the adults. Isabel was shocked when she came downstairs and we had gotten some goodies. Yeah for the dollar store. They got glow-in-the-dark braclets, ring pops, and a dollar watch, which were all hits.
It turned out to be a wonderfully fun day. I am going to have to keep up with this tradition every year. It was really fun.
3 comments:
I am lovin the love!!!! I have grand ideas too sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't. Glad yours did and I am glad the kids had a good time with it.
LOVE IT!! I absolutely LOVE that pic of the heart with Anna in the background. LOVE LOVE LOVW!!!
What a cute idea!
Post a Comment