It all started when my children were whining about hunger pains. I tried to finish my last email of the day. After I pushed "SEND" I announced, "Everybody get your shoes and socks on." We needed milk I was going to take the easy route for dinner...McDonald's. I didn't have to clean or cook. Perfect solution.
As I was gathering coats and shoes for the little girls, Anna followed me around crying to put her pants on (I have streakers...can't keep anything on them!). I threw her pants, shoes, and coat on her. Then Kate's coat on. Some sweet older child put her pants on her already.
We made it to McDonald's, ordered our food, got drinks, napkins...the works. We found a nice clean booth and I passed out food. As we were enjoying the meal and laughing at a story Isabel was telling us, when I noticed Kate's butt crack was showing. I reached over the table to adjust her diaper and pants when I realized she had no diaper on. She had panties. Let me inform you that she loves her panties but also can't control her bladder enough to wear them more than 20 minutes.
I told the kids to scarf down their food because we had to go before there was an accident. I told Kate, "Don't pee in your panties!" I also looked down Anna's pants and found the same situation- I never noticed it when I was putting on her pants. I asked who put panties on the girls. Gabe looked guilty and said, "I couldn't put on a diaper." I guess they had stripped yet again and Gabe, being the sweet brother/son he is, took care of the situation.
We were cleaning up and putting coats back on when I saw it happen. Kate was somewhat squatting and giving me a look like, "I can't help it Mama!"
I picked up everything, threw it away, picked up the pee filled shoe off the floor, and carefully picked up the wet child and threw everyone in the car.
As I buckled up a crying Kate (yes, I was going to make her enjoy the ride home in the mess...sad but true, although it was less than a 5 minute drive), I smelled something horrific. No she didn't. She wouldn't. She couldn't. "KATE, DID YOU POOP TOO?" "SESS [yes]"- through the tears.
OH MY HECK! I was so mad and very disgusted. I ripped her pants off and started gagging. Where are a pair of gloves and hazard suits when you need them? I carefully pulled the nasty panties off and wiped as much as I could off before throwing it ALL in the trash can. Sorry McDonald's! I went through six wipes. GROSS!!!!!!
I guess no one is having cereal for breakfast in the morning. Can't wait for Erik to save me. Hurry home Erik!
8 comments:
oh no! I am so sorry, but I cant help laughing too. What a great story to hold over her head when she's a teenager :)
OMGoodness Women!!! You and your stories :o) The Lord is blessing you with such lovely memories.
Oh, Allison! Ewwwwww! --sigh-- My favorite line of the whole thing is Gabe's, "I couldn't put on a diaper." Gotta love when they are trying to be helpful... Great story!
Well AGAIN it brought back memories of when Dana was little and I thought she was totally potty trained. We were at a Church activity! - I guess she was busy having fun - I was so mad and chewing her out and when Dad came up and said hey where you been we over here (gonna do something) then I chewed him out. Another sister was standing there laughing her head off. She had many children already - this was my first and she was enjoying the moment - its funny to me now but not at the time.
I know it probably wasn't funny at the time but that was hilarious to read! You definitely earned some Mommy stripes for that experience!
I'm sorry I missed that outting...I commend you on even going IN McD's with four kids. I would have done drive thru!
Oh, dear! It happens, though. How is digi-scrapping going?
Allsion - Kate looks like Marie when she was little - with her thumb in her mouth. It brought back good memories for me.
Post a Comment