For some reason, it is getting harder and harder to put Anna and Kate in bed at night. They nurse then pop their little heads up and start jabbering at me like I know exactly what they are talking about...very important things, I am sure. (I do wish I knew what they were talking about and thinking!)
So by 9:15pm, I am done. I picked up Anna and topped her off, then headed for her room. She knew what I was about to do and held on for dear life. She had her head snuggled in on one side of my neck, and arm wrapped tight around the other. Her other arm wrapped tight around mine, and her legs up tight agains my stomach. It was such a sweet and comforting position for us both I do believe.
We held on tight to each other for a little while. I didn't want to put her in bed. Her master plan? Probably. Times like this I pray to Heavenly Father that I can remember these moments for the rest of eternity.
5 comments:
I love this little moment you shared. I know for sure you will remember this spilt second in your earthly life :) A mother's love for her child is a small reminder for us, mother's, on how much our Savior loves us and trust us!
That was so sweet, I have a tear in my eye (seriously). I just had one of those moments last night... I was rocking Ben before putting him to bed, which I haven't done since I stopped nursing him a year ago. They do grow up fast!
wow, 9:15?? I'm crazy at 7:15 and McKenna loves to crawl into her bed! It is sweet though, and hard to remember! Thanks for sharing!
I've seen Kate & Anna both hang on to you for dear life before. (Usually when I try to talk to them or, heaven forbid, hold them!) They are precious. They love their mom and dad, that's for sure!
So cute I love the story - a special calling is a parent.
Post a Comment