We decided to suprise the kids and take them on a fun day trip. They were trying to figure out where we were going but we wouldn't tell them. When we pulled into the train yard, Gabe was a little cautious. He was taking it all in and still wasn't sure if we were really there for the trains or just passing by. He asked if he could ride on one and we said yes. His eyes got real big and he climbed out of his seat faster than I have ever seen him do. Isabel was excited too. It was an added bonus that their cousins, Aunt Kim, and Pa were there too.
We enjoyed the hour long ride. It was a perfect way to travel. We could move around all we wanted. The weather was AMAZING!!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better day.
We got out to watch the engine at the turn table. That was a neat thing to see. (Picture below). I took over 200 pictures throughout the day. I just couldn't put the camera down. I even did a big "NO NO!" I had the kids stick their heads out the windows to get some good shots...I just can't help it. Anything for a good picture :0) Thankfully no one was injured during my madness.
After a little rest time we headed out to a fun buger joint. It was loud and crazy so I didn't get any pictures there. But they had great burgers and shakes. They even sang Happy Birthday to Gabe. Gabe hid his face...he is his father's son.
We walked along the river front and enjoyed just being together. The kids ran all over the place while us adults snapped pictures, rested and visited. After a while the kids wated to play in a little stream so we let them. They had a blast.
On our way home I asked the kids if they had a fun day. Gabe hollored "YES!!!!" Isabel said, "NO!" I asked why and she said, "Cause we had to leave."
I enjoyed the day too. It was so worth the drive. And seeing family makes me miss them more. I often told my mother-in-law I would be happy with all of my family being on one street. I would be in heaven to just pop in and see everyone at the drop of a hat. I loved this day. Besides all the fun stuff we did, it was being together that I loved even more.
Thank you Kim, Jan, Bridger, Aiden, and Abby for making the trip. I love you guys.
See below for more pictures. I wish I could upload all 200+ pictures...I am sure my audience would get bored though.
8 comments:
Happy Late Birthday to Gabe!!! Glad you had fun... also glad you enjoyed your food at the "buger" joint. LOL... Sounds good! J/K... just giving you a hardtime because the typo is quite funny!!! :o)
It was a perfect way to end our summer vacation. We really need to meet up there on a regular basis. It's an easy drive for both of us. My kids were sad to leave, too. Abby is still mad that we didn't go on to your house, too. Thanks for planning the trip and taking all the good pix!
The pics of your kids looking out the train window look awesome!
That sounds like a perfect day! It is nice to have family close enough to meet up with once in a while! You will need to tell me where that was... my boys would LOVE to go ride on a train! Your blog turned to a "basket of peaches" quickly!(He He)
Okay I haven't been able to keep Matthew quite about this blog. I wish you could hear him talking about Gabe and Isabel and "Gabe's train and Matthew's train". Its very cute. I am glad that you guys had a fun time.
I heard that they have the Polar Express at Christmas? Do you know?
FUN!! What boy doesn't like a train ride, especially a surprise one. One of these days, we'll have to take you on the Polar Express, to see the North Pole. THAT is a fun ride!
Cool! Where did you go? I have to take my family there.
Norma Evans (in the Murfreesboro Ward - remember me?)
Post a Comment