So we finished up at the arcade and went back outside to the batting cages. Erik was hitting the balls while Gabe was sitting in the grass watching the go carts. It broke my heart. I knew he wanted to ride them but he didn't eat dinner. I could have kicked myself for saying he had to eat dinner to ride them. But I couldn't go back on my word. Erik finished up and I pointed at him. We made a new deal with Gabe. He had to eat a hot dog when we got home and he could only ride once instead of three times like Isabel. And he wouldn't be able to an ice cream on the way home. He agreed to that.
He wanted to ride with Erik and off they went. His little face was so cute on that ride! Erik was driving crazy and he loved it! Once they were done Isabel wanted to ride with Erik again for her last and third time. Gabe came running to me and said, "MAMA, THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!" It was so cute. I was glad he got a chance to ride them.
After that we went back to the batting cages and I hit a round of softballs. I played in middle and high school and doing that made me miss playing. I don't think I have played since then. Anytime there is a game I have always been pregnant or keeping the kids so Erik could play. I would love to play again but our lives are so busy I would never add such a scheduled thing to it...I wouldn't be able to make most of the games due to Erik's schedule.
He hit another round and then someone found a caterpillar. Erik let it crawl up his arm to show the kids. Gabe was brave enough to let him crawl up him but Isabel was a scaredy-cat. She attempted but just couldn't do it. I am sure it didn't help that Erik chased her with it and acted like he would put it in her hair...BOYS!!!
[no more pics...my battery died...sorry]
We were done and headed out for the car. We stopped by Dairy Queen and got Isabel an ice cream cone. Not a bad night for $21.00. [Yea, we had coupons ;0) ]
6 comments:
The things we do as parents over dinner! Plenty of evenings like that at our house, usually due to Henry. Stubborn as a mule, probably gets that from me!
That looks like so much fun!! What a treat for the whole family! I bet the twins had a blast! Ha Ha.
That sounds like a really fun night. Thanks for sharing!
Fun - Yeah I have done the same with my kids and then regretted it. So we learn
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" - Pink Floyd
It sounds like you made a good compromise, and he still (hopefully) learned WHY he only got to ride the go carts one time.
Bear loves all the caterpillars that are out right now. She keeps shoving leaves in front of them, petting them, and even trying to kiss them. She hasn't learned the "girls don't like bugs" theory.
Post a Comment