Monday, February 4, 2008

FINALLY!!!!



We have been busy here at the Longnecker Zoo! Isabel and Gabe are learning new things.
First: We have been trying to help Isabel learn to tie her shoes. I finally gave up and turned it over to Erik. He patiently sat down with her several times and showed her how to do it time and time again.



She would get frusterated and tried to tuck the laces into her shoe. She would show us in hopes that it would be sufficent. After many tears and screams Erik gave up also and Isabel was fine with that. Then, Saturday, Isabel started yelling, "Mama, Mama. I did it!" I went to go see what she did and found her with her shoes tied like a pro. She did a great job! I was so proud of her I swung her around and around. We were both pleased as punch. She ran to go show her Daddy. Now she has informed Gabe that she will tie his shoe anytime he wants her to.



Second: I thought long and hard about doing a post about this. I don't want to jinx anything here. But Gabe being three and a half, is finally getting the hang of the whole bathroom thing. Yes, sound the trumpets! I am tickled pink about this. He was doing good there for while in his underwear if he didn't have on pants. But slowly he started peeing everywhere again. It was frusterating and annoying. When you go from changing two sweet little newborns then cleaning a 3 1/2 year old...you just feel like screaming and spitting at the same time. I got some pull-ups. I have always thought pull-ups were dumb and just expensive, just use a diaper. But heavens to Betsy it worked. He hasn't had an accident in days (even at night). I am so proud of him!

7 comments:

Dana said...

All those little things that they learn to do themselves helps so tremendously much !!! Its like a huge milestone.

herb said...

Just remember every time they learn to be more self sufficient, they also spread their wings just a little more....
I'm in one of those moods where I can't stand the thought that one day there will be no pitter patter at our house anymore and no little guys clamping to my legs not wanting me to leave for work!

On a happier note: Great Job Isabel and Gabe!

The Thomas Family said...

Wow! Hats off to them and you!

Carla said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Leighanna said...

Yeah!!! I say anything that works is great - no matter the expense! We are very proud of both of them!

Kat Rose said...

Your kids are so big. Crazy!!
You guys look like you are doing great.

Bond Bedlam said...

I love Isabel showing her shoe that she tied. We had the same thing with Marie - I remember her practing over and over again and getting frustrated until FINALLY she did it. I agree with Herb - every little thing they learn to become independent means they are one more step closer to spreading their wings and leaving the nest. It is the circle of life.