Well, we got to the hospital about 7:30am this morning. Allison got to her room and started getting the drugs to be induced sometime around 8:30. Everything was going fine, so I walked to the main hospital (across the street from the Women's Hospital) and got a foot long at Subway. When I got back around 11:15, Allison was having some good contractions (although they didn't look very strong on the monitor ;) )
The nurse checked her about noon and decided that it was time to go upstairs to the O.R. Yada Yada Yada, Anna Claire was born at 12:22 with no problems weighing 5 lbs 9 ozs and 19 inches. Kate Julia was born shortly thereafter at 12:35 weighing 4 lbs 12 ozs ans 18.5 inches. Needless to say, Allison enjoyed the epidural although she didn't enjoy getting the epidural put in.
The kids came up to visit with Allison's mom in the evening. They enjoyed seeing their new siblings.
Allison, Gabe and Anna
Isabel and Kate
On a side note, I went to Toys 'R Us tonight before getting dinner, to use the rest of my McDonald's Monopoly coupons that expire on 11/13. If anybody is interested, they had some of the new Disney DVDs for $12.99 (Peter Pan, Meet the Robinsons and Jungle Book). After $5 off from my coupon, Meet the Robinsons cost less than $9. We wish that Ratatouille had been on sale as well. Maybe Black Friday.
Okay, we have pictures of the twins but it will have to wait until I get home tomorrow. Allison didn't bring the CompactFlash card reader to the hospital. Anyone wanting to call, the number is 615-342-4221.
Erik
6 comments:
I'm glad everything went well. I can't wait to meet them both. I love their sweet and simple names - and that you gave Kate Julia's name. Love to all of you!!!
Congrats guys! Erik, you better fill in the Yada, yada aprt! Ally might not take it well that you left out her labor ordeal!
Sounds like everything went well. Now the good part starts, take care of one and here comes the next one! Make a conscious effort to enjoy the first two years, otherwise you'll just be so busy they'll be toddlers before you know it!
herb
PS: Check our blog for a good deal on Ratatouille!
Super Cute!!! Love the names.
Great photos. Looks like their big brother and sister wil take good care of them. Be glad you have two helpers! May we hope for some close-ups of those babies?
Erik, truth be told, you look more tired than Allison!
herb
Eric..you know I think you so very special..(yes you are) and truthfully your cildren are gorgous (so in your darling wife) but dear one, in the future..you take the camera nd reader..having had children myself, it is rather hard to think of those things..at a "time such as this." I loved the pictures of the twins..!!!
Love and blessings, geny
They are beautiful. And oh so sweet! We are so excited to have them in our family. Love Sydney
Post a Comment