Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Things I am Grateful For

I am in serious need to list a few things I am grateful for. This has been a doozie of a week and it is only Tuesday morning. So maybe if I list a bunch, I will start seeing the good side of the day again.

~ My son. As much as Gabe is getting under my skin and being nasty, I still love him. He usually is a happy boy and can be rather silly. He loves making us laugh. I love that he gets so animated over trains. And when he says, "Love you Mumum." His kisses are so stinkin' sweet too. I wish he would give me more. But I will take what I can get!



~My daughter. I have really missed Isabel since she started school. Life here drags on a little too long sometimes while she is at school. I love having a reason for her to kiss and hug me bye in the mornings though. And picking her up we always are thrilled to see each other. She is my big helper and I appreciate her so much.




~Erik. I am so thankful for him. One of the smartest things I ever did was marry him. Sappy, I know but so very true. I love that he is an honorable and worthy priesthood holder, that he takes care of our needs and even quite a bit of our wants. He still loves me even though I can be hard to live with at times, especially these last few months.

~ My Home. We have worked hard to have our home. I love our house. I love coming home and opening the garage, pulling in and getting in out of the weather. I love all my counter space in the kitchen and a great back yard. I love my bed. I love my washer and dryer, I love my radio, my AIR CONDITIONING and Fans...I love this house and most everything about it and in it that makes my life more comfortable.

~ I love my family. Where ever they may be, I sure miss them all the time. I love having the Internet, email, phone, etc that I can just instantly talk to one of them. Lately I have not been so good about doing that but I love it just the same.

~ I am grateful for the fall season. I miss it so much I can almost taste it! I love the whole fall atmosphere. Cool evenings where you have to wear a sweater, football games where the band is playing a great fight song, pumpkins, leaves falling off the trees that are beautiful shades, not much sweating, waking up warm in your bed but in a cool room...AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can not wait!!!!!!

~ As much as I am miserable already, I am thankful for these girls coming into our family. They will be a blessing I know. I can't wait to see if they look like Isabel with loads of dark hair, or blond fuzz like Gabe.

My list could go on and I am feeling some what better. But hopefully I can just remind myself today that tomorrow will come and then the next day too. Pretty soon I can feel 100% better.

3 comments:

klonghall said...

Fall sounds so wonderful about now! Remember how much fun we had up at the first cabin by the river. I think about that on stressful days.

And, Gabe is looking way too old in these pictures! What happended to that little toddler boy? He really looks more and more like his daddy did at that age. I remember that naughty little brother of mine at age 3. He was so darn cute, but always into everything--including MY toys!

Verlene said...

Fall is by far my favorite season. I can't wait. Here in Tuba City we are surrounded with red sticky mud, that drys quickly and truns back into sand that blows through my window sills with a vengence. I feel bad for those states that are having drought.
Uncle Jeff got his cast off and was very happy until the post Xrays showed a fractured elbow that was missed on the first Xray. Not too surprising the weight of the cast did not help his elbow. It may need to be pinned. All in all he had a fractures wrist, elbow, two bones in his hand and a tear to the rotator cuff in his shoulder.
I liked your idea of remembering all of the things that you are thankful for. It really does help to put things into perspective. Take care, you are all in my prayers.
Aunt Verlene
PS: I loved the Ebay ad. I think every mother has nightmares about shopping with children. I used to put my cart straight in the middle, not because I was rude, but it was the only way to keep little hands from reaching the shelves. I hated those displays that were plopped along side the shelves.
I recommend a tranquilizer for yourself before trying it with 4 little ones. Remember, most Super Walmarts are open all night!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, what a list. So let me ask you, how did the week turn out?

I know, sometimes we are so focused on our needs and wants, that we forget to take a breather and realize how much we've already been blessed. Can't believe how much your kids have grown!