My little girl is growing up! As a mother, I am not ready for this!
Tuesday we went to an open house where we met Isabel's teacher, Mrs.T and got tons of paperwork to go over, fill out, write checks for, etc. (Sending a child to school is very costly!)
We walked home and I talked everything over with Erik about what I had learned when the kids went to bed. I read the student handbook to myself. In it were things about midriffs showing, fighting, drug searches, etc. I started crying. I said, "Erik, I can't send her there. What if she gets lost? What if she gets scared? What if someone is nasty to her? What if..." the list went on and on. All I kept thinking about was that no one loves her there like we do here. I told Erik that and he said, "Heavenly Father loves her even more than us!" I pushed off his comment by saying, "but He is not the one teaching her in that building over there." I did think about his comment later and it was comforting.
Friday, her first day, she had a half day to get use to the whole Kindergarten thing. We as a family walked her over to her school. Erik and Gabe waited outside while I walked her to her classroom. She squeezed my hand and said, "Mama, I'm scared." My heart broke! My eyes started to tear up and I kept thinking Allison, stay strong for her! I just wanted to scoop her up and say forget this I am taking my baby home where she belongs! I told her, "Isabel, I know you are. I am too. But when you get scared you need to pray to Heavenly Father. He can comfort you and help you not be so scared. Just keep praying until you don't feel scared anymore."
I went to pick Isabel up at 11 am. I was so happy to see her. She had a great time. I know she will really enjoy being in Kindergarten. I feel she has a good teacher and she is so social she will have many friends. It will be an adjustment for us here at home (Gabe wandered around the entire time being bored and missing her.) I know she will do well and love learning new things. I am grateful the school is so close.
No comments:
Post a Comment