Friday, July 13, 2007

A Birthday Suprise



For months, she has been saying, "Mama, can we go there?" when we would pass a nail salon at the mall or somewhere else. I told her she was too young and that maybe when she was 12 we could do something like that.
The only times I have ever gotten manicures was when I got married, was pregnant(when I am too big to do my own toes), or when my sister-in-law, Kim, talks me into one on vacations at Anna Maria with her. They are always enjoyable when I do them but I think they are expensive and I can do the same thing at home.
I wanted to do something special for Isabel for her 5th birthday, just the two of us. We left the house once Erik got home and she was irritated at me for not telling her where we were going. Finally, I told her I was taking her to get manicures and pedicures for her special day. She gave me a weird look that only Bella can give. Then I told her, "We are going to a nail salon where they will paint our toes and fingers for us." She was excited.
We walked in and you all know most of these places are foreigners and talk in a different language. She held onto my hand tight and didn't want to talk to anyone. I walked her over to all the colors that she could choose from, purple for her hands and blue for her toes. I chose pink for both of mine. We sat down and she was so stinkin' cute. They would say something we couldn't understand and she would look at me. I would wink and she would just smile. They were really sweet to her and kept telling her happy birthday.
As we walked out she told me that she should have chosen green and yellow. Boy does she love color! It was pricey but I am glad that we did it. We may even make it a tradition for her birthday, who knows.


No comments: