For those of you who are just finding out, I am still just as shocked as you are. This is not on either side of our family and we were NOT taking drugs. So here is the story if you haven't heard it:
Went to the doctor yesterday and already knew I was pregnant. We haven't told hardly anyone due to my last pregnancy. I wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up. My doctor is dealt with that miscarriage and knew I was concerned about this baby. I was not scheduled for an ultrasound but he wanted to calm my fears and show me everything was fine. So I went down the hall to the ultrasound office. She is exploring and measuring all the things that she needs to do and I see the little baby. A heart was beating, there was a spine, everything looked good to me from what I knew from when Isabel and Gabe were that little. She then said, "Ohh.?" More of a statement but a little question to her tone. I asked if everything looked fine and she said yes but she wanted to get a different angle on it. She went to my belly to see whatever else she wanted to see. Then on the screen I see my baby, heart beating and a spine. She then said, in a very monotone voice, "There are two." It took me a second to register what she was saying but then I said, "Why would you say something like that?" I thought she was joking.
She then smiled and said, "Let me see if I can get them both in the same shot." And there on the screen were two babies, two heartbeats, two spines, 4 legs, and 4 arms. I started laughing and couldn't stop.
After getting dressed, thanking Heavenly Father the entire time that they both looked healthy, and pictures in hand as proof I went back to the waiting room to wait for blood work. As I was sitting there, I started laughing quietly. Everyone was looking at the crazy woman who couldn't quit chuckling. I couldn't focus on the magazine at all. I was just laughing.
On the way home I was stuck in horrible holiday/rush hour traffic but I could have cared less. I was praying and said, "Heavenly Father, you sure do have a good sense of humor!" I could just picture him saying, "I got them good with a double blessing!" I can only imagine what my Grandma is thinking. I would love to hear what she has to say on the matter! I bet she is pleased as punch though.
So if anyone has horror stories they have heard about having twins...I don't want to hear them right now. I am living in crazy bliss right now. Although, I didn't sleep much last night from thinking about it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
WOOHOO!!!!
We are so excited for you! We love you very much and can't wait for your joy to be complete.
Laura, Rachel and the rest of the Bohling Family
Yahoo!!! What a perfect addition to our already super-cute family. Watch out world, here comes those Longnecker twins!! Love you!!
Congratulations to all of you! That is almost exactly what happened to us, a miscarriage and then twins! Heavenly Father sure knew we'd need Sophie to a be a little older for her to help us!
Your lives will never be the same. Just one tip: The next two plus years will be very busy, make sure to take the time to slow down and just enjoy them while they are little!
-Herb-
Post a Comment