Erik has already left for the day and I am trying to squeeze in more time in lala land. But it happens. I hear little footsteps running down the hall, headed straight for me. And he is dragging something...THE blanket. Gabe climbs into bed with me and tuggs his blanket up. He snuggles right in. Maybe I can go back to sleep, if he stays real still. I am almost there...
I hear the bedroom door open. It must be Isabel. She is ready for the day and starts talking as she climbs up. NO!!! Just a little more sleep. But she has no time to waste. There are movies to watch, yogart to eat, a trampoline to bounce on and countless other things to accomplish. She asks, "Mama, where are we going today?" "I don't know baby, I am still asleep!"
Oh no, I spoke. They know I am awake! Rats! I blew it. They both in unison ask, "Can I have chocolate milk and cartoons?"
It's over. Not going to get back to sleep until 11pm tonight! I guess these little guys are worth it.
1 comment:
Great post, Allison! I felt like I was right there in the moment with you. I look forward to reading more... Love, Heather
Post a Comment