Thursday, March 15, 2007

A week in Georgia

I am not as poetic and talented in my writings as my sister-in-law Heather is, but I am trying my hand at this whole BLOG thing. I will start doing my updates here (unless it is too difficult to do). So check back often to see what is going on with the Longnecker Zoo! PS. I hope everyone knows I can't spell worth a lick!


We (the kids and I) went to Georgia last week. It was fun having a break from the mundane everyday life. Plus being around Grandparents is always a treat! We stayed with Jan and Julia for a couple of days and then Mom and Dad. We spent time at the park, shopping, painting toes, staying up late, and laughing at everything under the stars. Isabel even got her hair cut and it is so cute.
Dana, Emma, and Matthew made it for the blessing along with Grandpa too. We were so suprised to see him walk through the door. It was a great suprise! He said, "Of course I would be here! William is being blessed!" We just hadn't been told he would be there. Isabel and Gabe were excited to see their Daddy again. I didn't see much of Gabe once he saw Erik. We all went out for dinner at Chili's right before the blessing. It was fun being all together, but we did miss those who weren't there.
We all went over to the Savage's place for the blessing. Leighanna's Grandparents from Arizona flew in for the wonderful occation. The blessing was a wonderful one. That William is a lucky and blessed boy to have all these people adore him. He didn't even mind us passing him around all night.

We went to the Auto Show in Atlanta on Monday. Kim and Donnie took Isabel and Gabe back to their house. Me and Erik were able to walk around and look at cars all by ourselves. What a treat that was. It was like we were on a date. We held hands and everything! After a while we were done looking so headed back to the Hall house to pick up the kids. Kim even fed us dinner. It was really great!
It was a wonderful week and we were sad to come home but ready to be back in our beds. The weather has been wonderful here. The kids have been playing outside NONSTOP! It's been WONDERFUL!!!!

2 comments:

Reid said...

WASSSUP!
Hey, I thought I would add the first comment. You guys rock!

Dana said...

Cool blog girly!! Dana