Saturday, January 7, 2012

My 2011

What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I left for three days to sit on a beach and just BE. I recommend it to all mothers who need some peace and time to refocus and get back in touch with Heavenly Father and His plan. For three days, the only time I talked was to the hotel greeter and my Subway sandwich maker.



What moments from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our time spent as a family on Orange Beach camping out. It was a good hike, on the sand into the "campsite" alone. Add four little kids, 6 people's worth of stuff, camping gear, wet sand, nasty horse flies, jelly fish everywhere, freezing cold night...it was some memories for sure. It is worth a laugh now. It was hard but we did it.




What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Yeah, not gonna share on this one ;)

What was your biggest failure?
Well, I am sure most moms feel this way at times but mine would be mothering. I loose my temper, raise my voice a little too often, not patient enough, you know...
But I have really been working on that. I have been getting better but still not perfect. I do love my children and it helps when I remind myself they are on loan to me and them doing whatever it is, is not the end of the world. Over this year, I have been pleased with my progress. Maybe 2012 will be even better.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Do shin splints count? Does lasik surgery count? Cause I had both.


What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't really have a major purchase. So I guess food, clothing, & shelter would be it.

What was your favorite photo of 2011?
Oh man! I have too many to count so here are a "few".









What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing extended family.




What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Just a Kiss" by Lady Antebellum. When the song came out, the girls and I would listen to it over and over again. It was kind of our song I guess.

What was the best food discovery of 2011?
I don't venture on the wild side of food. I tend to keep to my usuals because I don't want to pay for something I don't like. But Erik introduced Gyros to me and I now often crave them.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Play more

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat less!!!!

What was your favorite new TV show?
Once Upon A Time- GREAT show!

What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Game series. And can't wait for the movie to come out.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't think I have discovered anyone. I stick the greats of country and Pop. But I have fallen in love with Jenny Oaks Baker, a violinist that is amazing. On rough days, her CD goes in and calms me. Makes me wish Leighanna was around to teach me to play the violin.

What did you want and get?
A good man. Erik is a wonderful man. I have been reminded of how wonderful and amazing he is. I am thankful for his love and dedication to our family and me.




What did you want and not get?
Well, I think everyone can come up with a slew of material things like an iPad, new kitchen makeover, a maid, a trip, etc. But in all reality, I have everything I really want. Yes, superficial things are always on the list. But I have the life I have always wanted minus a few bumps and detours along the way...but that's life!

What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked "The Help" I read the book and loved both.

What's something you fell in love with?
My family. There are things that can bring you to your knees in life and Heavenly Father has a way of humbling you and making you see what is really important. I have fallen in love with my family over and over again this past year. And I hope I continue over and over again this year.





What kept you sane?
That's an E A S Y one. My sister Dana!


Who was the best new person you met?
I haven't met anyone new.

What was a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2011?
Family & my relationship with the Savior is THE most important things to cherish & constantly work on. I can do hard things. I can overcome hardships and rise above them sometimes even with a little bit of grace. That what is right for one person, is not always right for another. Trust the Lord's timing. And a few days on the beach talking to Heavenly Father is the best medicine.

4 comments:

Leighanna said...

Wish I could teach you too! Wish I was close enough for anything like that. I might have to steal these questions... What a great way to ponder your year!

Meghan said...

love this post!! thank you for sharing

Bond Bedlam said...

I would say you had a very successful year.

Dana said...

I absolutely love this post and all the pictures. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time. We are too far to visit like that on a regular basis. What a sweet way to look back on the last year